National rail strike action: Saturday 8th October
Help and FAQs
What is Traveline Scotland?
Traveline is Scotland’s national public transport information service - the ‘one-stop’ for all bus, rail, coach, air and ferry times in Scotland.
We are a public-private partnership between commercial public transport operators, Transport Scotland, and local authorities who together contribute funds, data and expertise towards the day-to-day-running of the service.
How do I access Traveline Scotland's information?
We provide public transport information in three main ways:
1. This website, which offers:
- A Door-to-Door Journey Planner which lets you search for bus, coach, rail, ferry, subway, tram and air routes between any two locations in Scotland,
You can search by postcode, city, town, village, street address, station, stop and port place names or by locality.
- A Timetable Finder which lets you search for, view and download timetables,
You can search by transport service number, operator name, or by locality.
- A Next Departures Map which shows the next public transport departures at stops and stations for travel today,
You can search by postcode, stop, station or port place names, bus stop code or by locality.
- Travel Updates for details of important informaton that might affect your journey.
2. Scottish-based call centre:
- The Traveline Scotland call centre is based in Airdrie, North Lanarkshire and operates a 24 hour, 365 day service on 0871 200 22 33.
- Calls cost 12p per minute plus your phone company's access charge.
- Calls are answered by trained advisers who can plan journeys, offer timetable information, advise on service disruption and offer fares information (where available).
3. Mobile apps:
- Available for iOS and Android devices.
- More information about our Traveline Scotland/Traffic Scotland apps.
How do I contact Traveline Scotland?
To contact us by email, please use our contact form.
Please note that Traveline Scotland is an information service. We do not own any vehicles or operate any public transport services directly. For comments relating to a specific public transport service, please contact your transport operator.
How often is the timetable information updated?
Traveline Scotland systems are updated at least once a week to ensure timetable and route information is available in advance of new services starting, or timetables changing. Our information is sourced regularly from local authority and commercial data suppliers to ensure all modes are included in the journey planning system.
The information is provided for a three-month look ahead period, but please check our homepage for details of transport changes on public holidays, and over the festive period.
You can also check our Travel Updates section for details of short-notice disruption that might affect your journey.
Can I suggest a new feature for this website?
Yes, please contact us with ideas or suggestions for improvements.